Looking to study a semester or school year? Whether it be in private school or public school, this is the option! Remember that you must know a good amount of German and if not, you can study only the language for the period of time you select.
● Berlin is the capital of Germany.
● Almost half of Germans speak English, while only three percent speak French.
● Germany is the birthplace of some of the greatest composers of classical music in the world: Bach, Telemann, Händel, Beethoven, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Wagner, and Richard Strauss. It is also the birthplace of some of the greatest philosophers: Kant, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Nietzche, Heidegger, among others.
● It is believed that the tradition of the Christmas tree originated in Germany in the seventeenth century. In Germany, it is customary to decorate the Christmas tree with real candles.
● The most popular sport in Germany is soccer. The country’s team has won 4 World Cups in 1954, 1974, 1990, and 2014 and won 3 European Championships in 1972, 1980, and 1996.